Location or Time Zone: USA, Eastern Time
01. If you could go any one place on earth for vacation, and it was totally paid for, where would you go?
I’d have to say to China. I have always been fascinated by the culture, history, and art. It seems like a beautiful place to spend time in.
02. What do you believe is your strongest attribute?
I would have to say my wit and determination equally. I enjoy verbal sparring very much, especially since I usually outmatch the other person. I love my determination because it gets me what I want. When I set my mind on something there are very few things, if any, that can stop me from achieving my goal.
03. If you could make it so the events in one movie were actually real (for you or otherwise), what movie would you choose?
I would choose Underworld. The possibility of being a powerful, near immortal creature, such as a vampire, is wonderfully amusing. Imagine how successful and powerful one could be with, quite literally, all the time in the world. As well as amazing combat abilities!
04. What defines a hero?
A hero is someone who does things to better themselves and/or the place around them, not just the stereotypical “save the world” type. For example, to some Hitler was a hero. He did what he thought was best for Germany in a time of crisis. I’m not saying I agree with what he did (far from it), only that he did have good intentions, very twisted, but good in many peoples’ minds nonetheless.
05. What mythical/make-believe creature do you wish were real, and what would you do if that were so?
A phoenix would be my ideal mythical creature. I am intrigued by the concept of its life cycle, the idea that it constantly dies and renews itself. If they were real I would consider trying to tame one for myself, if the creature would let me.
06. What is essential for a good defense?
A good offense; if you are quick to strike your opponent down they will not have a chance to attack you. If defense is needed, I prefer stealth. Nothing is better than the opportunity to catch your opponent off-guard and unsuspecting. Along that same note, you must know your opponent so you will not be caught off-guard either.
07. Who is your favorite literary character?
I like Jack from The Lord of the Flies. He has a strong personality and the desire to govern the other boys on the island. He is a powerful, forceful, and somewhat admirable character.
08. What is the most powerful weapon that you wield?
I prefer words. If you break a person’s spirit they are as good as defeated. Words can also sway someone to fight for you, rather than against. To be honest, being physical can be messy, though I don’t mid getting my hands dirty, I try to avoid it. Who is more powerful, the brute that beats his opinion into you or the person who can manipulate even the strongest leader with a few well worded sentences?
09. What is your Zen? What do you do to relax?
Mostly I listen to some music or spend time with a few close friends. I really enjoy sleeping, too, and just being alone, as well.
10. If you could write a note to anyone in history and send it to them at any point in their lives, who would you write to, when would you send it, and what would it say? (They don't write back or respond...) I would send it to Joan of Arc when she was a younger child. It would say something along the lines of, ‘you’re going to get captured and burned at the steak,’ just to see what she’d do if she knew she was to die. She may have refused to fight and just peacefully lived out her life, altering French and English history.
11. What is your favorite landmark?
The Pyramids of Giza, they were completely man-made and are still stranding today. They are a sign of the power and importance of the pharaohs as well.
12. What is your favorite form of entertainment, and who/what do you admire most within that field? (Example: Movies – Steven Spielberg. Books – Charles Dickens.)
I enjoy watching cartoons, like Batman: The Animated Series. Bruce Timm is a fantastic artist for being completely self taught.
13. What have you always wanted to do but haven’t yet?
I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but haven’t because I’m not yet old enough. Tattoos are, in my opinion, a beautiful and artistic way to express your ideals and who you are.
14. Who is your favorite Avatar character?
Princess Azula, easily. She is extremely beautiful, powerful, and driven. She does not hesitate to go after what she wants. I think her character gets overly simplified at times; she does seem to have a very complex past along with good reasons to justify her actions.
15. Who is your least favorite Avatar character?
Zuko, he is overly angsty and seems to be incompetent and dim-witted at times.
16. How would you describe each nation?
The Earth Kingdom would be steadfast and strong-willed. The Water Tribes would be very adaptable and, though seemingly weak, very mighty yet compassionate. The Air Nomads would be very laid-back, understanding, and fun-loving. The Fire Nation would be full of energy and passion, extremely powerful and determined.
17. What is your favorite Avatar website? (this is useful for us to all find new sites!)
AvatarSpirit.net It is extremely informational and it’s interesting; I enjoy reading about opinions on the boards.
18. Who, if anyone, do you watch Avatar the most with?
I usually watch it with myself, but if anyone it would be my friend Tori. I can go into Azula fangirl mode with her and she humors me.
19. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Nothing, I think I’m amazing just how I am, though I could improve on my lethargy.
20. What are you looking for most by joining this community?
Mostly a place to talk about Avatar because I know only two people who watch it and I’d rather not wear them out.
Referral: Who referred you, if anyone?
Nobody, I found it myself.